Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
Sustainability Project Manager
Unico is a real estate investor and full-service operator, focused on office and multifamily assets in the western United States. For nearly 60 years, our investors and partners have relied on us for our local knowledge, institutional rigor, and boutique service, which consistently deliver results.
This position offers competitive pay and generous benefits, including employee paid, and partial (40%) dependent-paid medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) plan with up to $13,125 in employer matching each year; vacation and PTO days; holiday pay; transit pass; education allowance and much more!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sustainability Project Manager (SPM) will be responsible for implementing the company’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification projects that build Unico’s industry leadership in green building practices. The SPM is expected to add value to the company and its clients through the implementation of high performance design and operations strategies related to energy, water, waste management, among other green building initiatives. The SPM is expected to promote a corporate culture and demonstrate market leadership that is committed to sustainability and high performing green buildings.
• Manage projects for LEED-Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EBOM) and LEED-Commercial Interiors (LEED–CI), and LEED-EBOM Recertification.
• Prepare LEED Gap Assessment reports for potential LEED projects.
• Manage LEED-EBOM Recertification reports for certified properties.
• Support the Director of Sustainability on proposals that attract new business opportunities related to sustainability and green building.
• Support the Director of Sustainability in the promotion of green building best practices through internal and external marketing, public relations and speaking activities.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, a strong customer service orientation and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, project management, sustainability, or related field.
• LEED project experience; 1+ projects preferred.
• LEED Green Associate accreditation required.
• LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP, LEED-AP O+M, LEED-AP BD+C) preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and ability to operate U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED online program and the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager program.
HOW TO APPLY
Unico Properties is committed to service excellence. If you share this commitment and would like to join our award-winning organization, apply today. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume at: www.hrpmsi.com/jobs/spc-aa.htm.
Unico Properties LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online for
Sustainability Project Manager
Unico Properties is a real estate investor and full-service operator, focused on office and multifamily assets in the western United States. For nearly 60 years, our investors and partners have relied on us for our local knowledge, institutional rigor, and boutique service, which consistently deliver results.
This full-time position offers competitive pay and generous benefits, including employee paid, and partial dependent-paid medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) plan with up to $13,125 in employer matching each year; vacation and PTO days; holiday pay; transit pass; education allowance, and much more! Visit: www.unicoprop.com
About The Position
Our new Communications Coordinator will be responsible for planning and executing on all reporting functions, including monthly and quarterly reporting, budgeting and business plans, and proposals. This includes preparing and maintaining timelines, managing all phases of the process and completion of the end product for delivery to clients and partners, and maintaining the Unico brand standard. The Communications Coordinator is based out of our Seattle corporate office and reports to the Executive Assistant. Successful candidates will have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage projects with conflicting deadlines in a busy, fast-paced environment!
• Prepare and maintain reporting schedules and timeline for monthly and quarterly reports; initiate process, set-up and deliver schedules to all parties; work with Accounting, Asset Management and Property Management Teams to complete reports for on time delivery.
• Prepare schedule and timeline for annual property budgets; schedule budget review meetings; initiate process, set-up and deliver schedules to all parties.
• Prepare schedule and outline template for all business plans; initiate process, set-up and deliver schedules to all parties.
• Work with the Property Management Team to prepare Third Party Management proposals, including ordering photos, working with graphics vendor to prepare visuals, create and maintain bios in bio library, assemble template proposal for new RFPs, writing and assembling client specific information.
• Work with Investment Team to prepare Investment Memos for new acquisitions, as well as assist with transition documentation and closing documents.
• Assist Asset Management Team with their sections of the quarterly board books.
• Assist with internal and external communications, including articles for property closings, operational communications, content for company intranet, event planning support, etc.
• Create and maintain photography database.
The Successful Candidate will have:
• BA/BS in Technical Writing, Marketing, Communications or related fields.
• Minimum five years office work experience, including reporting writing and copy writing and/or corporate communications experience, and work history demonstrating progressive growth and development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong understanding of grammar and the ability to work with company style guides.
• Proven experience creating, editing, formatting, producing and distributing documents and/or reports with multiple contributors and components.
• Working knowledge of professional photography, including knowledge of file types, usage rights and photo editing.
• Intermediate level MS Office experience required.
• WordPress experience a plus.
• Commercial real estate knowledge is a plus.
• Event planning experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Unico Properties is committed to service excellence. If you share this commitment and would like to join our award-winning organization, apply today. Please submit your resume and cover letter in a single MS Word document. Apply online at: www.hrpmsi.com/jobs/upirc-aa.htm
Unico Properties is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online for