Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
The Lease Administrator is responsible for systematic inventory of commercial lease documents, information and terms. Compiles and coordinates information on new, renewal, modified, extended, or terminated leases, and all other relevant leasing terms and conditions. Prepares leasing reports, reviews lease abstracts, rent rolls and encumbrance reports.
• Process leases; includes reading of lease points, integration of changes, and communication with Asset Management group members, Property Management team, Accounting, and counsel.
• Prepare and process commercial real estate lease abstracts within established time frames.
• Assist in interpretation and administration of lease points for Accounting.
• Perform peer review of lease abstracts prepared by other Lease Administrator.
• Manage work flow of fully executed portfolio lease documents.
• Prepare, track, and review Estoppels and SNDAs related to Acquisitions and Dispositions.
• Manage Unico's space and lease databases, updating as necessary, to facilitate integration with Leasing Platforms (Hightower and VTS).
• Provide lease related information as requested.
Skills & Competencies
• Understands commercial leasing and real estate, and has experience interpreting commercial real estate leases, lease flow, and file structure
• Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as ability to learn new software
• Experience in Yardi (accounting software), MRI (accounting software), and Kardin (budgeting software) preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Able to work independently, as well as work as part of a team
• Able to prioritize and manage workload
• Basic accounting knowledge preferred
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, follow-up, and bring projects to conclusion
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
• 2-year degree, or equivalent education and experience
• 3 years' prior commercial real estate, legal, or contract experience
Manager, Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
The AP/AR Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely performance and effective management of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The AP/AR Manager supervises staff for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Responsible for day-to-day oversight of the A/P and A/R functions.
• Mentor and supervise A/P and A/R staff.
• Train employees to enhance performance, development and work product.
• Provide exceptional customer service to vendors and co-workers.
• Manage AP files and archives.
• Manage and process annual 1099s.
• Vendor setup and entity/employee on-boarding in AP system.
• Process weekly and recurring invoices and payments timely to meet property and corporate AP deadlines.
• Troubleshoot issues with vendor accounts and coding as they arise
• Ensure deposits are processed in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Troubleshoot issues that arise on tenant accounts, application of tenant receipts, outstanding payables and AvidXchange research inboxes.
• Manage and process corporate credit card payments.
• Develop A/P and A/R procedures and policies.
• Identify and implement process improvements.
• Handle and complete special projects as they arise.
• Ability to supervise, motivate, and assist others.
• Ability to learn and work in multiple accounting systems (Yardi Voyager, MRI)
• Organized and able to effectively manage time.
• Ability to mentor less experienced co-workers.
• Accurate and attentive to detail.
• Experience with high volume, fast paced work environment.
• Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Excel, Outlook and accounting software.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Previous property management / real estate experience is preferred.
• 4-year Degree in Accounting or 5+ years equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in accounting, at least 3 years of experience in AP and AR.
Front Desk Coordinator
The Front Desk Coordinator is responsible for front desk, lobby, and other shared space activities in the corporate office, in addition to other administrative duties.
• Greet all visitors, determine purpose of visit, and connect with the appropriate employee(s)
• Answer and route phone calls
• Receive and distribute mail and packages
• Prepare and ship packages
• Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including food and beverage; order and stock as needed
• Load and unload the dishwasher
• Maintain the cleanliness of all shared spaces, including the Café
• Order, setup, and cleanup catering for meetings
• Assist with meeting setup including A/V equipment
• Manage conference room schedules
• Post and make updates to the intranet
o Employee information and announcements
o Resources and forms
• Order and distribute business cards
• Compile and ship welcome binders to new hires
• Assist with event planning and execution
• Maintain company contacts in Outlook
• Respond to verbal and written requests for information
• Assign and distribute access cards and ORCA passes; manage supply and audit regularly
• Code and approve vendor invoices
• Schedule travel, as needed
• Serve as point of contact for engineering service requests for the Corporate office
• Perform miscellaneous office errands
• Assist Corporate Services departments with overflow administrative tasks and projects
• High school diploma or equivalent required; some post-secondary coursework preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of administrative / office experience
• Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work activities in a busy, fast-paced environment with self-confidence, composure, and professionalism
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; personable and professional telephone presence
• High attention to detail
• Exhibits initiative and is self-motivated
• Superior customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook