Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
Recruiters, please don't contact us about job postings.
Portfolio Chief Engineer
Responsible for daily operations a portfolio of office buildings (generally 500,000 square feet or more). Responsibilities include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, other mechanical systems, fire life safety, and safety. Ensures all mechanical systems are operational and safe. Manage engineering staff and service partners to coordinate preventative maintenance, tenant improvements, and special projects. Select service partners and contractors. Negotiate service partner contracts. Inspect work performed on buildings. Participate in LEED Certification process and operate buildings for energy efficiency (using Energy Star as a measure). Perform engineering tasks as needed. Schedules, and may participate in, on-call rotation of building engineers. Interacts and coordinates with General Manager to ensure company goals as pertaining to engineering are being met.
• Supervise and manage engineering staff. Responsible for training, scheduling, coaching, annual reviews, hiring and dismissing staff.
• Select service partners and negotiate service contracts.
• Oversee service partners and other contractors involved in building maintenance, security and construction projects.
• Inspect service partners’ and contractors’ work.
• Review constructions drawings before work commences.
• Responsible for all equipment in buildings and operational efficiency of buildings energy systems.
• Track electrical consumption.
• Creates and oversees buildings preventative maintenance schedule.
• Supervises completion of daily work orders and projects.
• Orders parts as needed for department.
• Ensure buildings are in strict accordance with fire and safety codes.
• Evaluate building systems and make recommendations for repairs and replacements if necessary.
• Supervise and manage tool inventory, company vehicles used by maintenance staff.
• Responsible for hazardous waste management.
• Manage safety and accident prevention program.
• Creates procedures and job aides for all equipment.
• Draft expense budget for engineering department.
• High School Diploma.
• 2 year Technical accreditation preferred.
• 7 plus years’ experience in property engineering.
• Have current CFC card.
• Hold current Driver’s license.
• Hold applicable specialty licenses and certifications
• Hold current Boiler license
• Hold current specialty 07 electrical license.
• Work requires thorough knowledge of controls, operation, design, repair, preventative maintenance of HVAC systems with respect to; air-balancing, pneumatic instruments, VAV systems, chilled water systems, condenser water systems, and heat recovery.
• Work requires basic knowledge of electrical systems. Ability to troubleshoot electrical switchgear, transformers, and work with 480 volt, 3-phase power.
• Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing systems.
• Ability to implement a training program for the maintenance engineering staff in the areas of HVAC, electrical systems and plumbing systems.
• Work requires ability to operate computer software programs including Microsoft Word.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for front desk, lobby, and other shared space activities, in addition to other administrative duties, and takes ownership of the employee and visitor experience in Unico’s corporate office.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Greet all visitors, determine purpose of visit, and connect with the appropriate employee(s)
• Answer and route phone calls
• Receive and distribute mail and packages
• Prepare and ship packages
• Maintain inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including food and beverage; order and stock as needed
• Load and unload the dishwasher
• Maintain the cleanliness of all shared spaces, including the Café
• Ensure the corporate office appearance is always “Board ready”
• Coordinate tasks and projects with outside vendors
• Order, setup, and cleanup catering for meetings
• Assist with meeting setup including A/V equipment
• Manage conference room schedules
• Order and distribute business cards
• Support the onboarding of new employees by conducting a number of activities including but not limited to readying workstations and sending welcome emails
• Assist with event planning and execution
• Maintain and distribute seating chart and phone extension log for corporate office
• Respond to verbal and written requests for information
• Assign, distribute, replace, and collect access cards and ORCA passes; manage supply and audit regularly
• Collect and submit parking applications and distribute, replace, and collect parking passes, as applicable
• Code and approve vendor invoices, as applicable
• Schedule travel, as needed
• Serve as point of contact for engineering service requests for the corporate office using Building Engines
• Perform miscellaneous office errands
• Assist with overflow administrative tasks and projects from other departments, as needed
• Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work activities in a client facing environment with self-confidence, composure, and professionalism
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; personable and professional telephone presence
• High attention to detail
• Exhibits initiative and is self-motivated
• Superior customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• High school diploma or equivalent required; some post-secondary coursework preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of administrative / office or customer service experience
The Building Engineer performs repairs and maintenance tasks, including preventive maintenance to the building structure and systems, and responds to tenant work orders. Promotes a culture and demonstrates market leadership that is committed to sustainability and strategic energy.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Performs general maintenance as directed by preventive maintenance schedule
• Performs specific maintenance and repairs using hand and power tools as directed by work orders including general carpentry, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing (may perform these duties with a high level expertise in one or more areas)
• Performs some special project work for tenants as directed by Chief Engineer
• Participates in the Engineering on-call schedule
• Interfaces with service partners and contractors in coordination of work and inspection of work
• Drives company vehicle, as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 year technical accreditation
• 1-3 years’ experience in property / building engineering
• Current CFC card
• Current driver’s license.
• Current Boiler license
• Current specialty 07 electrical training card (Washington State only)
• Current EPA certification
• Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems
• General maintenance and carpentry skills
• May have expertise in one or more area of maintenance engineering
• Ability to operate computer software programs including Microsoft Word
Seattle, WA and Denver, CO
We are always looking for talented people to join our team!
If you are interested in a career with Unico, but don't see an open position you are interested in, feel free to send us your resume. If a position opens, we will reach out to you and can provide additional information.