Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
Recruiters, please don't contact us about job postings.
The Accounting Intern is responsible for supporting the Corporate and Fund Accounting groups by computing, classifying, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following functions.
• Performing account reconciliations for quarter end close
• Pulling and organizing audit support requests
• Preparing audit confirmations
• Performing bank reconciliations
• Uploading and processing invoices
• Reviewing GL activity for proper classification of expenditures
• Documenting weekly or monthly accounting cycle processes
• Reviewing straight line rent schedules
• Special projects/requests
• Major in Accounting declared.
• Intermediate Excel Knowledge
• Enrolled in or completed the Intermediate Accounting Series
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Able to apply theoretical knowledge to practical applications
• Strong communication skills
• Enthusiasm for learning
The Financial Analyst will be part of Unico’s Acquisition Group, and is responsible for building financial models and analyzing quantitative data to understand the risks and/or merits of decisions relating to commercial real estate investments.
This position offers competitive pay and generous benefits, including employee paid, and partial (40%) dependent-paid medical, dental and vision coverage; a 401(k) plan with up to $13,500 in employer matching each year; starting with 4 weeks of flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time; education allowance and much more!
Research, collect, consolidate and analyze market and financial data and other information, including valuations, cash flow analyses, and/ or comprehensive proformas.
Present findings to internal staff.
Convey information and coordinate with internal teams, and at times external parties such as owners, brokers, lenders.
Assist in the writing and production of reports, including monthly and quarterly investor reporting, annual asset management plans, or investment memorandums.
Build analytical tools and/or templates.
May assist with due diligence, closing, and transition of assets to internal departments. May assist with records management.
Do you meet the qualifications below? If so, we want to hear from you!
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, real estate, or finance
0-2 years of experience in real estate investment and/or financial analysis; institutional experience on the equity investment or investment brokerage side preferred
General understanding of commercial real estate finance, structuring, leasing, and property operations.
Experience in building and using complex financial models.
Understanding of general accounting principles, financial statements, and budgets.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, and Argus experience preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Word required and PowerPoint preferred for reporting and presentations.
Understanding of provisions and terms in commercial office lease documents, loan documents.
Excellent writer and verbal communicator.
Strong work ethic, desire to learn and take on responsibility.
The Building Engineer performs repairs and maintenance tasks, including preventive maintenance to the building structure and systems, and responds to tenant work orders. Promotes a culture and demonstrates market leadership that is committed to sustainability and strategic energy.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Performs general maintenance as directed by preventive maintenance schedule
• Performs specific maintenance and repairs using hand and power tools as directed by work orders including general carpentry, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing (may perform these duties with a high level expertise in one or more areas)
• Performs some special project work for tenants as directed by Chief Engineer
• Participates in the Engineering on-call schedule
• Interfaces with service partners and contractors in coordination of work and inspection of work
• Drives company vehicle, as needed
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 year technical accreditation
• 1-3 years’ experience in property / building engineering
• Current CFC card
• Current driver’s license.
• Current Boiler license
• Current specialty 07 electrical training card (Washington State only)
• Current EPA certification
• Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems
• General maintenance and carpentry skills
• May have expertise in one or more area of maintenance engineering
• Ability to operate computer software programs including Microsoft Word
Senior Property Manager
Responsible for directing property management operations and providing leasing support for a commercial office portfolio, including responsibility for tenant relations, budgeting, establishing operational policies, overseeing engineering and building technical systems, and supporting investor/owner relationships and communication activities. Manages property management and may manage engineering staff. Position requires ability to: manage all aspects inherent with property management for multiple assets of varying types, accounting systems, locations, and size; maintain client relationships with numerous owners; manage property transitions; and manage other projects as required.
Service Partner Relations
• Manage service contracts with vendors. Keep on-going contracts up to date.
• Conduct competitive and ethical bidding procedures for building services to ensure quality and competitive pricing.
• Oversee work of service partners. Conduct frequent service inspections of buildings.
• Develop relationships with service partners. Spend time in the field meeting vendors and building relationships.
• Deliver and/or oversee customer service training to service partner employees.
Construction / Project Management
• Oversee tenant and capital improvement projects. Work closely with the Chief Engineer and engineering staff.
• Act as Unico’s ambassador to building tenants on complex issues.
• Maintain open line of communication with building tenants.
• Preserve tenant relations when transitioning properties to another owner.
• Conduct annual tenant surveys and implement necessary changes generated from survey results.
Accounting & Reporting
• Generate budgets for property revenue, expenses and capital.
• Oversight of operating expense estimate and reconciliations
• Manage operating and capital expenses for property portfolio.
• Oversee monthly management report preparation, including cash flow, and final report review. Approve invoices and purchase orders.
• Provide leadership and team support for the building staff. Supervise PM staff, and may supervise engineering staff.
• Prepare and deliver annual performance evaluation for direct reports.
• Provide oversight and manage day to day office activities
• Ensure all available spaces are ready for leasing tours.
• Negotiates lease renewals as directed by General Manager. Drafts renewal lease proposals for review by General Manager.
• Manages interaction with portfolio architects and legal counsel to produce space plans, construction documents and lease documents.
• Responsible for tracking leasing encumbrances and providing required tenant notifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, or related field.
• Oregon State broker’s license, or ability to obtain license within 90 days.
• 7+ years’ experience in commercial property management, leasing and construction.
• RPA or CPM designation strongly preferred.
• Solid understanding of commercial real estate accounting.
• Ability to plan, manage, and carry out a variety of projects to meet overall property goals.
• Ability to write, summarize, and present data in a clear and concise management reports.
• Ability to provide supervision and direction to administrative and operations staff.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written & verbal skills.
• Demonstrates sound judgment, and is detail oriented.
• Work requires ability to operate various computer software programs, including Microsoft applications Word and Excel, and property accounting software.
• Strong customer service orientation.
Director, Property Accounting
The Director of Property Accounting will contribute to the Company’s success by overseeing the full cycle accounting close process for Unico’s vastly growing portfolio of real estate assets. This individual will serve as a key member of the accounting leadership team and an important liaison to both internal and external stakeholders. This individual will play a key role in training the property accounting staff and property management personnel on property accounting policies and procedures and the documentation of such procedures.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and direct the daily activities of a diverse team of Managers, Property Accounting and Property Accountants.
• Mentor, support and coach – lead by example. Set clear vision and expectations for the team; leverage strengths of the individual team members, and clarify roles and responsibilities where needed.
• Manage monthly close process to ensure internal and external deadlines are met on a consistent basis.
• Maintain and document property accounting policies and procedures. Identify areas for improvement and implement best in class business processes.
• Contribute to an efficient and effective external audit process.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and year end accounting results in accordance with relevant accounting framework.
• Serve as a key resource to Property Management team and advise on the annual budget process and CAM reconciliation process.
• Work in partnership with internal departments to address complex accounting issues, tax issues or legal structures.
• Provide transaction support including due diligence, integration planning and post-close activities to assure that accounting considerations are understood and planned for.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to continually improve business and operational processes.
• Continually focus on training and development programs for the team to cultivate “best” and “brightest” talent within the industry.
• Assess the financial infrastructure, identifying priorities to update, improve or optimize processes, systems and controls for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Strong computer application skills (Excel, MS Office, Outlook, AvidXchange, Yardi, Kardin, CTI and MRI)
• Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 7+ years related accounting experience required, including proven managerial experience
• Experience in real estate industry preferred
• CPA preferred
Seattle, WA and Denver, CO
We are always looking for talented people to join our team!
If you are interested in a career with Unico, but don't see an open position you are interested in, feel free to send us your resume. If a position opens, we will reach out to you and can provide additional information.