Unico is a growing company, and we're looking for talented, energetic and civic-minded
employees who can embrace innovation and change. We value excellence, integrity,
accountability, respect, balance, growth and community involvement.
In return, we have a solid history of promoting from within and providing excellent
growth opportunities for our employees. Our pay is competitive, our benefits comprehensive.
And we're an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, a generous employer-matched 401(k)
retirement investment plan, paid vacation and sick leave, flexible spending accounts, a
transit subsidy program, education and course reimbursement and more. Additionally, Unico
was recently recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly
Worksites Recognition program.
General Contact Information
Unico Properties LLC
1215 4th Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98161
Fax: (206) 628-5067
The Property Accountant is responsible for the accounting activities of the real estate properties including maintaining tenant and vendor accounts, accurate recording of transactions, the preparation of monthly financials and portfolio reporting packages, and the communication of accounting information to the appropriate management and leasing groups. In addition, the Property Accountant provides quality customer service to internal and external customers. At times may be responsible for coordination of group projects within the Accounting department.
• Maintain and reconcile the general ledger accounts, such as cash, accounts receivable, accounts payables using supporting schedules developed and maintained by Property Accountant.
o Reconcile monthly bank statements.
o Record capital expenditures of the portfolio and maintain fixed asset records.
• Provide leadership to other employees as to the appropriate processes to ensure compliance and consistency.
• Accounts Receivables.
o Assist the management/leasing team in reviewing monthly rent posting, answer tenant questions regarding monthly billings, preparing rent letters and other special projects as requested.
o Review and post cash receipts.
o Post work order revenue to tenant accounts.
o Develop and distribute monthly cash flow distribution reports.
o Prepare monthly accrual financial statements and monthly cash flow projections for both internal and external users.
o Create monthly rent variance report for assigned properties.
• Accounts Payable
o Review and post vendor invoices.
• Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all month end accounting and reporting procedures.
o Reconcile monthly bank statements.
o Review the general ledger for appropriate account usage, expense accruals and revenue recognition, under GAAP.
o Monitor all activity related to loan documents, including debt service and escrow funding/usage; submits reimbursement requests to lender for loan draws and escrow expenditures as required.
• Budgeting process
o Assist the management/leasing team in the development of annual budget and reforecast.
o Assist in the annual financial statement audit and tax return preparation.
• Bachelor degree required, accounting/finance degree preferred.
• 3-5 years accounting experience required.
• Ability to conduct financial transactions.
• Ability to effectively communicate accounting information to various users.
• Demonstrates effective leadership skills to promote direction and mentoring.
• Exhibits initiative and is self-motivated.
• Strong computer application skills such as: Excel, MS Office, Outlook, Avid Xchange, Yardi, Kardin and MRI.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment and will have strong relationship-building skills.
• Accurate and attentive to detail.
• Ability to assist and support others.
Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for batching vendor invoices in AvidXchange (paperless, web-based AP system) and exporting to Yardi Voyager, processing some vendor invoices in CTI/MRI/Yardi, administering weekly check runs, keeping vendor accounts current, and providing exceptional customer service to vendors and co-workers.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Accounts Payable
o Batching invoices in AvidXchange and exporting to Yardi Voyager.
o Invoice entry and approval verification in MRI/CTI/Yardi.
o Review and resolve vendor statements.
o Print and process weekly check runs and rush checks.
o Process recurring invoices.
• Manage A/P files and archives.
• Deliver a high level of customer service to departments and peers by providing accurate and timely information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years accounts payable experience
• High School diploma
• Yardi experience desired
• Ability to quickly learn and work in multiple accounting systems (MRI, CTI, Voyager)
• Ability to multi-task
• Accurate and attentive to detail
• Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Ability to assist and support others
• Ability to effectively communicate accounting information to various users
The Financial Analyst will be part of Unico’s Acquisition Group, and is responsible for building financial models and analyzing quantitative data to understand the risks and/or merits of decisions relating to commercial real estate investments. The analyst will also play a key role in all aspects of the due diligence process and may support multiple functions such as asset management, dispositions, financings, and capital raising initiatives.
• Develop financial analyses and valuation models for property-level and fund-level analyses; includes asset valuation, scenario return analyses, and JV distribution/waterfall analysis
• Participate in analysis of new investments including market research, data collection, and other aspects of financial and physical due diligence
• Produce investment committee memorandums and present findings to internal staff; assist in the production of other reports such as asset management plans, investment presentations, etc.
• Convey information and coordinate with internal teams, and at times, external parties such as owners, brokers, and lenders
• Build analytical tools and/or templates
• Assist with tracking and coordination of due diligence and closing
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, real estate, or finance
• 0-4 years of experience in real estate investment and/or financial analysis; institutional experience on the equity investment or investment brokerage side preferred
• Strong analytical ability, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and experience building complex financial models along with data manipulation and scenario analysis to inform decision-making
• Experience with Argus preferred
• Understanding of the components of the due diligence process such as financial underwriting
• Understanding of finance concepts such as IRR, NPV, DCF, etc.; understanding of general accounting concepts such as payables and receivables
• Ability to operate independently and as part of a team with multiple projects and changing deadlines
• Ability to understand provisions and terms within legal documents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills